BerkebusBerkebus

Main Audio Reviews Stats

Gaia's River Gaia's River

Perfect. Nothing else needs to be said.

NordicHazard responds:

hehehe i guess i'm far away from perfection but thanks a lot!

Psi Ether Psi Ether

Well done. I very much like how it's both more of a classical and a techno song thanks to the violin. One advice though, don't overuse your violin!

Seasons Ending Seasons Ending

Love it. It feels as if you're trying to make some kind of 'anthem dubstep'. It's got style I havent heard before, and that gives you allot of points from me!

SWeissenP responds:

Thank you man!

You've been Trolled You've been Trolled

No words to describe it. It's perfect.

Rabbit - Fucking Tired Rabbit - Fucking Tired

I liked it because the start was so... simple and well, completely uninteresting. But at 00:40? Then I realised that was on purpose! Actually my favorite part of it. You lowered the beat after that again which I liked. The only part I felt was a little out of the rhythm was before the ending at around 2:30 till 3:20. The sounds sometimes weren't really my taste and they felt a little too rough at times.

VlikeVince responds:

Thx for the hints
I'll try to make it different next time

Detious - Mind My Rage Detious - Mind My Rage

It's all in the tune. Simplistic but well exploited. That's pretty much how you make good house music in my opinion.

DetiousMusic responds:

Thanks. :D

[TFC] - Come back, friend [TFC] - Come back, friend

I'm stunned. You catch the feeling of your title SO well. The beat is perfect and it feels like it does exactly what you want it to do. It makes me nostalgic. Good job.

Super Misadventures! Super Misadventures!

It was like a radio show, but actually entertaining. Wonderfull job, sir. Can't imagine any better.

Jim-Nickabocker responds:

Thank you, thanks to all who replied! I'm really glad folks find this funny! Means a lot to hear from you guys =)

Let Go Let Go

You had a really nice groove going at the start, but I had the feeling you didn't know what to add once you returned back to the basic beat at the midst of the song. You were adding synths and whatnot usin your bassline as... baseline.. , but I felt like you really should've focused some more on the drums and try to keep the groovy feeling instead of only just expanding your drums at the ending even though you'd been doing tons of things with your synths, which is probably why the end of the song came far too soon and abrupt. The drums should've come in way earlier.

Other than that expansion seemed necessary. The song didn't feel so finished to me. But, positive; The melodies were nice and the groove beat at the start was really good. You also know how to work with the slider, which I tend to avoid myself. :P

CidiousClef responds:

Thank you Berkebus, for the review. I'll take some time later to return the favor.

You are right about the drums; they're very weak, and I tried to use as many sounds as possible to cover it up. I'm going to go back and some drum rolls which the track could probably use, but some parts are insanely crowded...

On that middle part, I was trying to break away some stuff, and leave just the basic beat, a synth and the bassline, and then mess around with the bassline so I could build back up with a different melody, since straight up slamming them together would've been awkward. I really didn't know what to put there to keep things interesting, which is why that part is so weak, now that I think about it.

Now I just have to work on fixing those problem parts and work on the ending. Add more groove and whatnot. :)

ECHO - Eye of the Dragon ECHO - Eye of the Dragon

It's just film music! What are you doing here?! Go make movies!

Echo responds: